That’s a standard Edson autopilot tiller arm; it’s the preferred way of
attaching the ram to the rudder post below-decks, assuming you’ve got enough
room to do that.  Some of our C&Cs, mine included, won’t allow that luxury, so
the pilot’s ram needs to be attached (preferably to a reinforcement plate)
directly to the quadrant.

If you want to go the B&G route, you’ll probably want to go with Simrad for the
pilot.  Simrad is the parent company for B&G (as well as Lowrance).  Raymarine
is still, to my mind, a good option for both instruments, plotters and
autopilots; but if there’s room for it I’d definitely consider going with an
Octopus hydraulic linear drive over a comparable Raymarine mechanical drive,
for its power and longevity.

Fred Street -- Minneapolis