From: Alan Bergen via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: C&C Photoalbum email list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Alan Bergen <alan-at-h...@comcast.net>
Sent: Wed, Jul 22, 2015 1:01 pm
Subject: Stus-List replacing furling line

My Harken furler has a hole in the top of the drum.  I just pass the furling
line through the hole, and tie a knot.  Nothing more.

Alan Bergen

35 Mk III Thirsty

Rose City YC

Portland, OR

I need to replace the furling line in my Harken Unit 00 furler. I have the
manual, but the instructions are very vague. I would appreciate any hints, if
anyone of you have done this before.

One more thing: the instruction call for securing the line with a “hog ring”.
Is there an easy way of doing it? I am not about to buy a special tool and a
load of 1000 fasteners to use just one.

thanks for your help

Marek
C270, “Legato”