Do you folks suggest replacing the 30 year-old plumbing lines just because
of the life forms you suspect may be growing in there? Or some other reason?
When I got my boat, my freshwater system smelled like the best parts of a
swamp, and the filters were all plugged up with biological goop.  I went
through a number of treatments, bleach, all kinds of stuff.  It actually
seemed to work pretty well, everything smells and tastes fine now, although
I'm sure there are probably some nooks and crannies still harboring life.

Bill Hall
1985 C&C 37
Starfire
Ludington, MI

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 1:36 PM, Paul Eugenio via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Jim,
>
> If your water lines are the original grey tubing then replacing the lines
> are a good idea.  I would also recommend replacing the fill hose(they get
> pretty funky and are cheap to replace).   Take the time to inspect the
> water tanks. I found a crack midway up on the tank in the V-birth.  I
> removed this tank and now use the V-birth space for extra storage.   I am
> in the process of replacing all of my lines with Pex.
>
> If you have not yet, check out Wally’s site:
> http://www.wbryant.com/StellaBoat/Projects/plumbing/index.htm
>

> -
> Paul E.
> 1981 C&C 38 Landfall
> http://svjohannarose.blogspot.com
> S/V Johanna Rose
> Carrabelle, FL
>

> On Sep 24, 2015, at 9:58 PM, cnc-list-requ...@cnc-list.com wrote:
>
>  It might ne time to replace all water lines anyway.?
>

>    Doug MountjoysvPegasusLF38 hull #4just west of Ballard, WA.

William D. Hall, Ph.D.
617 620 9078 (c)
wh...@alum.mit.edu