  From: Dreuge via CnC-List
  To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
  Cc: Dreuge
  Sent: Monday, October 19, 2015 12:56 PM
  Subject: Re: Stus-List Engine Overheat Question

  Al,

  This sounds like a similar problem I experienced with my old C&C 29 which had
a raw water cooled 2QM15.    The alarm only came on only after the engine was
shutdown for a short period of time and then restarted.   I would even let the
engine cool at idle speed for a good few minutes before shutting down.  I tried
many things, and listened to may good suggestions (air lock, pump wear, …), but
in the end the problem turned out to be a bad thermostat sender.

  Maybe that’s your issue too.  Do you have a separate sender for the alarm and
for the gauge? If so, then it is unlikely that both would be bad.  But if not,
I would start there.

  Paul

  -
  Paul E.