Digital Yatch made some pretty good marketing videos.

As an alternative the openplotter project is already doing the signal k
conversion and streaming.  Someone on the list turned me on to openplotter
and I've bought and setup the entire system.  It's pretty straight forward,
scalable, and works...and cheap.  I think I might have as much as $100 into
all the parts.

NMEA 0183 multiplexer
AIS (sorta)
SignalK generator