Josh,

That's also a big step towards open source.  The Raspberry Pi stuff is
cool, but too techie for my limited skills. Also, I've got almost all NMEA
2000 gear, so openplotter won't do me much good.

My next laptop for the boat will probably a TV and a PC on a stick with a
USB hub.

Joel

Joel

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Josh Muckley via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Digital Yatch made some pretty good marketing videos.
>
> As an alternative the openplotter project is already doing the signal k
> conversion and streaming.  Someone on the list turned me on to openplotter
> and I've bought and setup the entire system.  It's pretty straight forward,
> scalable, and works...and cheap.  I think I might have as much as $100 into
> all the parts.
>
> NMEA 0183 multiplexer
> AIS (sorta)
> SignalK generator
> Plotter
> Lots of other extras
>
> http://www.sailoog.com/openplotter
>
> Josh Muckley
> S/V Sea Hawk
> 1989 C&C 37+
> Solomons, MD
> On Oct 28, 2015 9:18 AM, "Joel Aronson via CnC-List" <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
>> Just spent $200 on a flyer:
>>

>> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1689846268/ikommunicate-gateway-enabling-the-internet-of-thin
>>
>> If it works it will convert NMEA to an open source.
>>
>> --
>> Joel
>> 301 541 8551

Joel