Danny

I can send you a few docs off list. My PO was kind enough to provide the Installation and Operating Guide for our boom. It is a Beta, but from what I have seen these specs apply to both the Beta and larger Gamma booms.

Angles are a little different for a spring loaded or the rigid screw vangs that Schaefer sells with the boom. I have attached scans of set up instructions for each along with their respective templates. In either case, the ideal angle for furling is 87.5 degrees (not 87!) . The other angle relevant only to an adjustable vang is the top range of the angle with the boom, which is 82 degrees. Higher than that is a no no.

I also have a digital copy of the sailmakers instruct tons that I had (sorry I don't have the I&OG in digital). You can see on that the angles of each batten and if you take into account the curve of te leech, that angle all make sense.

Which C&C do you have and what's your set-up like?

Feel free to contact me by email or call any time. And if you learn anything clever about these beasts, let me know.

Tom B

Tom Buscaglia
SV Alera
1990 C&C 37+/40