I think ABYC is a little to conservative on this issue if that is their stance.
 "AGM's are advantageous anyplace where you need a reliable totally sealed
battery for safety or environmental reasons - wheelchairs, medical standby
power, inside RV's,                  computer room UPS systems, or in enclosed
spaces in boats."

Bob

Bob Boyer
S/V Rainy Days / Annapolis MD
1983 C&C Landfall 38 - Hull #230
email: dainyr...@icloud.com
blog: dainyrays.blogspot.com

"There is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply
messing about in boats."  --Kenneth Grahame