Russ,
Delighted to hear that my language apparently puts me in the “young” category.
I turned 70 this summer - used to build ham radio transmitters with my father
using vacuum tubes.  I do have an old handheld weather radio that tunes in AM,
but the input from this list has convinced me to replace the old transducer.

The input on this subject has been very helpful, especially the suggestions for
how to remove the old transducer.  It sounds much easier than I had imagined.
And as Fred points out - who knows - I might need to measure water temperature
when I sail to Bermuda again - not since 1972 when I sailed to the Azores with
my father on a lovely 43 foot SS yawl, a sister ship to Finisterre.

Cheers,  Eric
Cat's Paw
C&C 35 Mk II
Mattapoisett, MA