Outboard bracket bolts leaking?

David F. Risch
1981 40-2
(401) 419-4650 (cell)

Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 11:45:43 -0500
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Water Ingress ??
From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
CC: sailno...@gmail.com

When tabasco (c&c25 with an outboard) is on the dock, there is absolutely no
water coming in. When I am out, even motoring, I get some water in, maybe 2
quarts an hour, even in calm seas.

I am in the process of replacing some rusty keel washers, but the nuts seem to
be tight and I have no "smile".
I have a hard time believing that so much water is seeping through the keel
bolts.

Does anybody have any other logical explanation besides pressure created on the
leading edge of the keel  ? I have no stuffing box.
Ahmet

S/V Waterdancer 43 Irwin MKII I

S/V Tabasco C&C 25

Winthrop, MA, USA

                This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected
by Avast. www.avast.com