Ahmet,

Half Magic, my 1975 25 Mk 1 always seems to have a small amount of bilge water,
but as boldly as I can check, it always appears to be fresh water, which I
suspect works its way through voids between the deck and hull, small cracks in
the cockpit coaming or some other source.  My boat has had a slight “smile”
since I purchased it in 2001, and I had an incident entering the channel at
Cuttyhunk where I marked some submerged rocks with a bit of blue paint (just as
a reference point for fellow mariners), but the keel/hull joint hasn’t seemed
to weep water, either on the mooring or underway.  Half Magic had a Vire engine
before I bought it, but the previous owner switched to an outboard and plugged
all the inboard related through hulls prior to my purchase of the boat.

On a separate note, I’ve got a new boat under contract (35 Landfall) and Half
Magic may be on the market soon.  I noticed in some of your earlier posts that
you were asking about sails for racing/cruising.  I have two mainsails for my
25, one is a North NorDac racing Main and the other a decent Thurston cross cut
dacron (older).  I’ve kept the racing main just for that purpose and it have
very limited use.  Additionally, I’ve got a 150 North Norlam Genoa with VERY
low usage since Buzzards Bay tends to be more of a 15-25kt body of water
whenever I’ve taken the boat out for racing.  My other two jibs are a bit
older, a 135 Newport dacron sail and the other is a Mylar 100% Thurston, both
are serviceable but not new and crisp like the others.

If you want to discuss any of these sails for your boat, I’m happy to do so…

Best regards,

Chuck Gilchrest

S/V Half Magic

C&C 25 Mk 1  1975