My settee alone is 8 cushions - 3 bottom, 3 back and 2 ends.  The dinette
is probably 10 with the table top cushions.  I don't have the patience to
do 18 cushions, and the Admiral isn't interested.
Looks like I need to shop around.  I have some friends in the car
business.  I can see if they have people who do their work.

Part of me says get it done over the winter, part of me says wait until
after the Bermuda race.

Thanks for all the help!

Joel

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 9:27 PM, bobmor99 . via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Concur with Jim Watt's experience of 10 year's ago. 13 pieces, all new
> foam including additional memory foam in V and quarter berth.   Sunbrella
> with stripes (a little harder to work with). Lots of zippers and underside
> mesh. This was 8-9 years ago. Foam was a big cost. All totalled, ~3K USD.
> Made very locally.
> As for DIY, life's too short to get good at this.
> --Bob M
> Ox 33-1
> Jax, FL
>
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Jim Watts via CnC-List <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
>> Sounds expensive, we were just over $3K 10 years ago, but we replaced
>> everything. New 4" foam everywhere with and additional 2" of memory foam in
>> the V-berth, top end furniture grade Ultrasuede covers. I think you could
>> do better, but that's just my Scrooge coming out.
>>
>> Jim Watts
>> Paradigm Shift
>> C&C 35 Mk III
>> Victoria, BC
>>
>> On 17 December 2015 at 12:07, Joel Aronson via CnC-List <
>> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Just got a quote to have the cushions in the main salon - U shaped
>>> dinette and straight berth with back cushions- recovered in Sunbrella.​
>>>  Estimate was at least $2200 depending on fabric/extras.  Is that a
>>> reasonable price?  Is there any good way to DIY if you don't sew?
>>>

>>> Joel
>>> 35/3
>>> Annapolis
>>> 301 541 8551