From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Dennis C.
via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2015 22:59
To: CnClist <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Dennis C. <capt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Venetian parade

Just had our Christmas parade.  Couple boats had lots of lights and generator
on deck.

Couple years ago I decorated Touche' with a bunch of light strings.  We
probably had 15-20 strings of lights.  We have about half incandescent and half
LED strings.  I'd added up the wattages on the boxes for the LED lights and
estimated wattage's for the incandescents.  Came to around 700 watts.  Touche'
has a 1000 watt inverter.  When we fired everything up, the inverter was
showing around 830 watts.  At 120 VAC that's about 7 amps.

In the parade we were moving at idle speed.  I was constantly monitoring the 12
VDC system on my instruments.  RPM's weren't enough to maintain voltage on the
batteries.  Every now and then I shifted to neutral and revved the engine to
boost amperage.  We did fine over the hour long parade using that technique.

Do the research and add up the wattage's.  Try to use exclusively LED lights,
12 VDC if you can find them.  Convert to amps and remember that your alternator
doesn't generate much amperage at low RPM's.

Dennis C.