Andy,

We have main sheet, main halyard, reef lines, outhaul, pole topping lift and
pole foreguy leading aft.

Sounds like a lot, but it stays fairly organized and out of the way for the
most part.

Never had a reason to remove or add more.

I have no problem going forward to attach luff cringle to hook.   Need to sort
out the extra reefed sail on the boom anyway.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all.

David F. Risch
1981 40-2
(401) 419-4650 (cell)

> Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 08:35:18 -0500
> To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
> Subject: Stus-List Lines led forward
> From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
> CC: a.burton.sai...@gmail.com
>
> I wonder, am I alone in the group leading lines forward? The only lines I'm
> going to have coming aft to the cabin top will be the mainsheet and the
> traveler lines...and I'm thinking of eliminating the traveler all together. I
> just don't want all that extra spaghetti in the cockpit. Bulkheads are for
> leaning against on my cruising boat!
> I hate single line reeling; there's just too much friction in the system for
> boats over 30' so I'm going to be at the mast when I reef, anyway. And I want
> to be there to see how the sail comes down or clear any fouls as it goes up,
> so I like being forward to hoist and drop the halyard.
> This whole business of leading everything aft started with singlehanded race
> boats and for good reason, given how they sail. But my autopilot--or
> wife--keeps the boat head-to-wind just fine as I hoist.
> So what's the opposite thinking from the assembled brain trust here?
> Hope everyone has a very merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year
> filled with lots of wonderful days sailing.
>
> Andy
> C&C 40
> Peregrine
> Newport, RI
>
> Andrew Burton
> 61 W Narragansett
> Newport, RI
> USA    02840
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/andrewburtonyachtservices/
> +401 965-5260

                This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected
by Avast. www.avast.com