From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Ron Ricci
via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2015 08:42
To: 'Dennis C.' <capt...@gmail.com>; 'CnClist' <CnC-List@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Ron Ricci <rvri...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Winter discussions - depth sounder offset

Dennis,

I use an offset from the transducer to the bottom of the keel so I read the
actual depth under the keel.  This way, I can easily tell how much water is
under the boat.  Comparing the depth shown on the instrument with that charted
depth always requires knowing the state of the tide.

Thanks,

Ron

Ron Ricci

S/V Patriot