From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of dwight
veinot via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:33 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: dwight veinot
Subject: Re: Stus-List Winter discussions - depth sounder offset

Yea but even with that we need to account for tides...the charts show depths at
low tide, so I like my depth sounder to indicate actual depth from the water
surface, and I usually use a positive offset of 2 feet which is as close as I
measured with maybe a couple inches of comfort factor between the transducer
and the water line when on the hard...no harm in your way and more comfort
factor... it's only luck if the sounder gives the same depth as the charts
because the charts show minimum depth over the contour region, there could be
deeper spots within the contour area, that's good for us

Dwight Veinot
C&C 35 MKII, Alianna
Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS
d.ve...@bellaliant.net<mailto:d.ve...@bellaliant.net>