From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Charlie
Nelson via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:10 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: cenel...@aol.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Folding prop for 30-1 with A4

No two blade prop will do very well in reverse although I would get a geared
one so that you can be sure that it opened.

If you race, the lowest drag 2 blade demonstrated by tests in Yachting magazine
was a Gori--which I have used for several years without problems.

It takes a few seconds running in reverse to start 'biting' and moving the boat
but she will move the boat. Once the boat is moving,
you start to get some flow over the rudder and can actually steer.

Just be sure you have reasonable room around the boat when you go to reverse.

In my case, I coast to almost a dead stop, put it in reverse and rev the engine
to get her moving
in reverse and then steer her toward the slip with judicious use of low
throttle in reverse or neutral.

Without serious wind or tides, this method works for me--she only goes back
into forward to stop her in the slip.
If something messes up this scheme, back to open water and repeat!

Maneuvering in close quarters between reverse and forward with several seconds
delay is to be avoided with any folding prop IMHO.

Charlie Nelson
C&C 36 XL/kcb
Water Phantom

cenel...@aol.com<mailto:cenel...@aol.com>