Hello guys, I just heard from the yard.  they walnut strip the bottom.  He told
me it was the best looking bottom he'd seen in a long time (well, thank you
very much!)!  he even said the original coat of paint was still on it and the
hull was shiny as the day it came out of the factory after the walnut blasting.
 I'm impressed by this in that, the general consensus is to sand the gelcoat to
get the shine and any wax off so the bottom paint has something to stick to. He
said they need to sand before doing the bottom coatings which adds maybe 2 man
days to the labor. Do you guys have any insights or thoughts on this topic?  I
mean if they say it is a necessary step to sand, and he is indicating it had
not been done, why would the bottom paint not have failed?  DannyT40Rum Runner
IVMattapoisett, MA