Jon:  How competitive do you want to be on Wednesday night?  Our B fleet is
very tough on Wednesdays .......they separate quickly in to those that
mainly cruise and sail for the fun of it during the week and those of us who
are much more serious..........it dictates the type and fabric of the sail
you end up with.

Here in New England, I'm using a light #1 at 153% made of a
"composite/Mylar" laminate material.  It's a Bainbridge
material..........made by a local sailmaker that also sails with me on
Wednesday.........the cost 2 years ago was in the $3400 range discounted for
the fall boat show sale..........

I'd be glad to refer you to him if you're interested he does ship all
over.....we've been the #1 boat  in the fleet for 2 years.......the sails do
a lot of the work.........not an excuse, however, for a good helmsman. Which
he is.

I'm the same age as well. Don't let our wife "pack you in" yet...... lots of
time left for  that........

Best,

Ron C.
C&C 38MKIIC ....'77