I installed a Selden Furlex unit on my C&C 27 Mk I with no prior
experience. The package back then included a new head stay which was metric
in both the cable and pin size. Mast stayed up during the install. I had an
engineer friend check my measurements before I cut anything.

After Katrina, my sons and I installed a Schaffer 1000 on my replacement
C&C 30 Mk I. Mast was left standing. Different assembly from the Furlex,
but no problem with either brand. Follow the instructions and measure
carefully before cutting.

Ed
Briar Patch
C&C 34 1981