Even on a boat, I always understood that a line was something that you were fed
as a novice bowman when someone was asking you to do something stupid like  “Go
up the mast in the bosun’s chair and take down the Skyhook”, or “Row ashore and
get us a smoke shifter for the stern BBQ.  It is getting too smoky in the
cockpit”…

And this is coming from someone in the marine rope business.

Cheers,

Chuck Gilchrest

Half Magic

1975 25 Mk 1