Dwight

Yup I believe you. St Margaret’s Bay is a windy area compared with rest of the
province.  Likely windier than most areas in Lake Ontario region as well

Mike

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of dwight
veinot via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 4:20 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: dwight veinot
Subject: Re: Stus-List Looking for recommendation on 33 mkii Genoa size

Well Mike Hoyt, I sail in Nova Scotia too, St. Margaret's Bay mostly good
winds, 15-25 apparent from SW most days and I have a RF Doyle 135% crosscut, 8
oz with tuff luff, high cut and if or when I ever buy another new head sail for
Allianna, my old 35 MKII, I will definitely be going for less than 135%; in
fact a good 110 is what I think would suit me just fine...there are a lot of
advantages to a smaller headsail, and IMHO very few for a larger LP headsail if
one is just out for a fun sail in such conditions as we mostly have around here
in summer/fall, cruising for fun in retirement I mean but for racing I would be
lost without a 150 when the apparent drops below about 15 kts, I know that, but
who cares, it's sort of nice some days to roll a similarly rated boated to
weather while sailing single handed when that other boat is overpowered and
wondering why Alianna is so fast...on a 33 II, a very stiff boat, maybe a 135
would be a good all purpose sail but the crew, husband and wife for example
will have to work harder and I bet one of them would likely wish for a smaller
headsail most of the time

Dwight Veinot
C&C 35 MKII, Alianna
Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS
d.ve...@bellaliant.net<mailto:d.ve...@bellaliant.net>

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Hoyt, Mike via CnC-List
Doug

Most new sails will be priced in US dollars.  That will make a RF 125 cost
approximately $1,000,000 CAD.

Persistence is a Frers 33 which is very similar to the CC33-2.  For RF we have
a 100% pentex with taffeta both sides and an older square weave dacron 155
which seems a bit blown out.  When not doing much with the boat we leave the
100 on the furler.  It is underpowered for most conditions.  When racing we
take the sails off the furler and use our Kevlar 155, 140 and the RF 100 (no on
furler).

If I were to have one goto furling sail it would be a 135.

We sail in Nova Scotia.  Winds sound similar

Mike