Peter McGuire, Fastnet Yacht Services.
He did mine. I wasn't unhappy with the work but since then I've questioned
the value of surveys in general. He didn't tell me anything I didn't know.
He did a good job but stayed within his scope. I can send you my survey if
you want a sample of the work. I don't believe I'm breaking any agreement
by sharing it.

I'm far from a pro, just a blunderer who's read a lot of Don Casey and
Nigel Calder. I own the same moisture meter that those guys use. The notion
that you have to be a rocket surgeon to use a moisture meter is a little
beyond me. There's a lot an amateur can learn about a boat with one of
those before spending $600 on a survey. Sure, you can get false positives,
like backing plates registering as moisture .. but you won't get false
negatives. If there's moisture, it'll find it.

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto