I have a C&C 30  "77" model year.
>From my HIN ZCC304531076 I would guess it is #453 laid up October 1976.

I have the sliding door and after a few years of ownership the PO dropped off
the
folding door that the PPO had removed.

At haulout, so no mast and most stuff removed the crane weighs me at 8500 -
8800 lbs.
Some of the C&C specs claimed 7,900 lbs which may have been possible stripped
out,
one battery and tiller steering. I think in race trim carrying stuff like
flares, anchor and rode,
#1 - #3 - spinnakers, spin and whisker pole .... I would guess 10,000 lbs is
reasonable.

  Also - from your other post on boom vangs - the early C&C 30 have a very low
boom so
the mounting angle needs to be considered. The distance on the mast from the
gooseneck
to above the mast collar is pretty minimal. Most boom vang installation
instructions suggest
a minimum angle they should be mounted at and that usually isn't possible on
the early 30s.
I have an Easykick II installed that works OK and does support the boom ( a
racing requirement ).
Downwind we use it to control boom lift, and upwind it is useful for setting
depth and twist.
I would recommend installing one, doesn't have to be fancy or expensive. I very
much doubt
given the short distance on the mast it operates over and the stiffness of the
mast that any
significant mast bend is generated.

Michael Brown
Windburn
C&C 30-1

C&C Sailors-

I noticed the owner of C&C 30 MK1 hull #1, Rick Bushie, is on this list. It's
awesome that boat is still sailing, and that her owner is in this community.

The C&C 30 MK1 hull #7 I just bought has a sliding door between the salon and
the head, but no door between the head and the v-berth. Some of the C&C 30 MK1
brochures (I suspect later ones) show a hinged door between salon and head, and
a folding door or double hinged doors between head and v-berth. Does anyone
know if the door(s) between head and v-berth were an addition in later hull
numbers? Or maybe my boat's doors were removed by a former owner and never
replaced. Thanks in advance.

Also, Rick, what is the displacement of your boat? Sailboat data.com and the
brochures show 8000 pounds. But the previous owner of hull #7 thinks it's
higher, like 10,000 pounds. I'll measure her precise displacement by
differencing truck scale weights of loaded and unloaded trailer after I launch
her this spring, but just wanted to check with you.

Cheers,
Randy Stafford
S/V Grenadine
C&C 30 MK1 #7