Bob — yes, Airmar makes a line of “smart” transducers that have NMEA2000 direct
output.  For depth, you’d want the DT800; the best option for you would be the
one made by Airmar for Furuno, as it has an NMEA2000 connector ready to plug
into an NMEA2000 backbone; this transducer will run you about $270.00.  The
issue you’re going to run into is that you won’t be able to “calibrate” the
transducer (for depth offset, for instance) without other equipment from the
same manufacturer on the bus, as the calibration schemes have not been made a
direct part of the NMEA2k standard, so each manufacturer handles it
differently.  And you’ll need to start from zero on an NMEA2000 bus.

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis