Thank you, Fred.

I'm still figuring out a few things. I was recently gifted an old Standard
Horizon 155 CP155C (without the GPS) from a dock neighbor who upgraded to a
SH CPN 700i. I couldn't get a GPS signal into the CP155C and am about to
relegate it to emergency backup status. The charts display fine but they'd
have to be "manually cross referenced" to an externally-supplied GPS
position. Another first world problem...  :-)

I really like my shiny new SH VX2200 and it looks like it would
inter-operate nicely with the SH CPN 700i so I'll probably pull the trigger
on that next week. These are amazing times.

I'm kinda liking Standard Horizon in general. They don't seem driven by
marketeers. I don't mind wading through some semi-techy, almost complete,
documentation. And, they haven't taken the proprietary route.

I have to take a closer look at my current depth transducer. IIRC, it was
designed to be easily removed
from inside the boat - just like its long-broken speed paddlewheel
neighbor. That might limit my choices for a plug and play, in the water,
replacement.

Kind regards,

---Bob Moriarty
Ox 33-1