Hi Joel,

It's unclear, from the manual, whether the GPS info must come into the
Standard Horizon (SH) CP155C chartplotter via the connection to an external
GPS antenna (the typical setup) or whether it could alternatively come in
via the NMEA 0183 inbound wire in the Power and NMEA cable (which I do
have). I tried sending a NMEA GPS data stream into the the plotter via the
latter path, trying output from a handheld Garmin GPS and from a PC's
serial (DB9) port but neither stream was seen by the Chartplotter. (I
verified baud rates and all that.)
It's looking like the inbound (to the plotter) NMEA wire in the Power and
NMEA cable is just for DSC and DSE messages.
It seemed like a doable hack, but now I don't think that's the case.
Seeing as I don't have the plug at the end of the "Smart GPS Cable", I'm
going to bail out on this one.
Cheers,
Bob M
P.S. Perhaps too much information, but I would have used the NMEA 0183 GPS
output from my new SH VX2200 radio as the GPS source if the SH CP155C were
able to ingest it via the Power and NMEA cable.