From: Jason Ward via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 09:07
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: jaw...@mymts.net
Subject: Stus-List paragon v-drive transmission

Hi

My landfall has the paragon v-drive transmission system.  When I go forward it
feels like the leaver “clicks” into place, however, when going in reverse it
feels like it is just friction that is holding it in gear.  The problem I am
experiencing is that when in reverse and the rpm’s are up the leaver slips out
of gear.  The only way it stays in reverse is to hold the leaver down.  I have
tried adjusting the cable tension bolt under the deck to no avail, cable
becomes to hard to move.  I am wondering if this is just an issue with my boat
or have others experienced similar problems.  If you have had this happen what
is the fix.  From what I can find no one really deals with these old
transmission any more.  Any help that can be offered is appreciated.

Regards,
Jason Ward
Landfall 38
Winnipeg, MB