I would ask them what to look for.  Every sail maker is going to have a
different set of standard features.

I would look for properly finished sticking.

Double stitching through out and triple in high stress areas.

Sail cover on the correct side.

Personally, I'd like to see the exposed edges of all the fabric either
hemmed or zigzag stitched.

Obviously, check for all of the agreed upon features.  Emblems, numbers,
spreader patches.

Rounded corners on the added layers at stress points.

I got mine from Quantum in Solomons, MD and paid about $700 more.  Can't
say it was necessarily money better spent.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD