Hi Fred,
    You can get VHB tape from Amazon in an assortment of widths and
thicknesses.

http://www.amazon.com/TapeCase-Width-Length-Converted-Tape/dp/B00K4SK454/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456798402&sr=8-1&keywords=4991+VHB+Tape

Amazon also sells a silicone caulk remover:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PVT1P4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

It helps remove the silicone, but elbow grease is still required.

Hope this helps,
Gary
S/V High Maintenance
'90 C&C 37+