Hi Guys, I was down checking out the mast on my boat and I had some
observations and questions.- there is a 1 inch conduit running about 2 feet
from the very bottom to the top.  It is pretty full- It seems to be the only
conduit and there is no break at the spreader for the deck lights wire or radar
cable- the current deck light wire looks like white lamp wire and I plan to
replace it- the deck light wires are just run down the mast with no support and
they are noisy- there is messenger run down the mast for the radar cable but,
again not supported- what can I do to add some support when running the new
wires?- I've hears some people use longish cable ties on the wire and don't cut
off the tail to keep them quiet.  I'm not sure about that idea...- the radar
cable is pretty heavy, I'm not sure if just running it 25 feet down the mast,
unsupported, is such a good idea- there are virtually no access plates at the
spreaders- wires are run out of the mast through drilled holes.  not so great
for the wire jacket.- so, how do I do this the right way?- whats the right way
to run the wires?- whats the right way to exit the mast?- A lot of water gets
into the bilge and I'm thinking the mast is a big contributor, there is a wide
open 3/4 inch hole through the mast head fitting and the wires to the wind
instrument have no loop for a drip leg.  Add all the drilled holes thru the
side with wires coming through, with no drip loops, and I think that all adds
up considerably. Thanks for any and all insights and advice any of you can
offer. DannyT40Rum Runner IVMattapoiset, MA