In my opinion, when you find 30-year old lamp cord, replace it before it fails
or worse yet, shorts out your electrical system.  My bilge pump even used lamp
cord originally!  Use good Anchor-brand tinned wire of an appropriate size.

Bob

Bob Boyer
S/V Rainy Days / Annapolis MD
(presently in Baltimore)
1983 C&C Landfall 38 - Hull #230
email: dainyr...@icloud.com
blog: dainyrays.blogspot.com

"There is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply
messing about in boats."  --Kenneth Grahame