Jim,
Good advice on not taking the big nut all the way off......last Spring, I witnessed a DIY at our club.....the prop shot back several feet on the asphalt and the blades got dinged.....the prop then had to be shipped off as it needed to be repaired.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2016-02-29 7:18 PM, Jim Watts via CnC-List wrote:
Don't take the nut all the way off. This may be the only thing stopping the prop from shooting 40 feet when it finally comes loose.

Or take the easy way out and ask around the yard. Instead of buying a gear puller, I paid the local machinist $5 (!) to do it. The advice he gave me about leaving the nut on was worth that alone.

Jim Watts
Paradigm Shift
C&C 35 Mk III
Victoria, BC