Chris,

I’m fairly certain that a call to Edson will get you the correct Chain & Wire
Kit. I've noticed with my questions to them it seems that they keep pretty good
records. You’ll probably need to pull the compass off and get the serial number
of your pedestal to make sure they know which model you have. They’ll probably
recommend that you replace the idler assembly at the same time. I’m replacing
everything with the exception of the quadrant.

If you need some dimensions and lengths let me know. My old pedestal is sitting
in pieces in my boat shed and I can check for you. Providing you have the same
original pedestal as my model of course.

When thinking about adding a windless to our boat I didn’t want it to sit proud
on deck, both from an aesthetic and exposure to the elements standpoint. I
worked up a FRP shelf structure
<http://roninrebuild.blogspot.com/2014/10/anchor-windlass-shelf.html> and will
mount the windlass and wash down pump on that. Some day. Some day…

Shame about all that chain in that pretty bow. 😉

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake Bay
Ronin’s Overdue Refit <http://roninrebuild.blogspot.com/>
> On Mar 31, 2016, at 6:28 AM, Christian Tirtirau via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> I’m the new owner of a C&C 37 called Northern Light. Although this is my 6th
> boat, it is my first C&C and I will test your patience with a number of
> questions until I educate myself enough to remain quiet.
> So in fact, it is in your interest to educate me as fast as possible,
> considering my limited abilities.
>
> First, I’d like to change the steering wire and chain system, does anyone
> know what size wire, length and if any one of the ready made kits from Edson
> fits the 37?
> Secondly, did anyone use the StrutPro to remove the cutless bearing, and is
> it worth buying it? It’s 350$ on their website, but considering the cost
> involved in hiring another “PRO," and the fact that it eliminates the need to
> remove the shaft and all the other circus, it may be worth it, but maybe I’m
> missing something here.
> Third question of the day is where to install an electric windlass, before or
> aft of the locker? Any experiences, ideas in that area? I’ve seen a couple
> installed ON the locker lid, but in that case I would prefer to hold it in my
> arms for better grip. I’m planning on sailing Nova Scotia and circumnavigate
> Newfoundland next summer as I am in fact a cruiser by trade. Sorry guys, but
> I will load this fast boat with a lot of heavy ground tackle, in fact about
> 300 feet of Acco chain and a heavy Rocna and I need the windlass...
>
> Thank you for your valuable advice and hope to e-meet most of you soon.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
> S/V NORTHERN LIGHT
>
> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you like
> what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
> are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!