Christian, welcome to the group.  Last year, I overhauled my steering system on
my C&C33ii; I am pretty sure yours will be very similar. It looks like you are
probably in the Halifax area, so, rather than buy an expensive kit from Edson,
may I suggest you take the chain and cable to Jamie at  North Sails. They did a
great job of replacing the cables on mine last year. It is unlikely that the
chain needs to be replaced but you should inspect and lube the chain and gear.
Also inspect the sheaves and metal mounting plate under the pedestal.  Hardest
part is getting at the quadrant to get the cables off.

As for the cutless bearing, I have done that job too with the shaft in place. I
made up my own “strutpro” and was very successful. Major PITA if you have to
remove the shaft, but if you do, make sure you don’t break or distort the
flange. While you are at it, if the shaft has to come out, replace the short
hose which connects the shaft tube to the stuffing box which also should have
new packing installed if it was not done recently.

If you are not a competent DIYer, you may be better off paying a “pro” (I use
the term loosely) to do the work.
Good luck, and contact me off list if you have any questions.

Mike Amirault
C&C33ii  Lovely Cruise
SMSC  (Tantallon)

greatly appreciated!