The 1-All-2 typically is a make-before-break type switch so that the circuit
will never see a alternator-diode-frying open circuit. That being said I
understand it isn’t best practice as arcing occurs and degrades the switch ....
same reason it’s best not to leave circuits turned on (e.g. cabin lights) and
use the 1-All-2 to switch them on and off  .... plus the danger of accidentally
switching to off, as noted previously.

Most ACRs have the ability to be shut off via a switch installed in the ground
wire .... whether normally-open or normally-closed depends on the make of ACR.
So you can set it up to switch the ACR off when connected to shore power and
let a multi-bank charger operate without the ACR combining banks during the
charging cycle. You can also substitute a relay for the switch. Relay installed
in the AC shorepower line so that the ACR is turned off as soon as the
shorepower is switched on. A bypass switch can be added if desired. There are
technical notes on Blue Seas website covering this.

Peter Fell
Sidney, BC
Cygnet
C&C 27 MkIII