When I had my mainsail made I had the sail maker include the dogbones
(strops) in both reef cringles and I had him add a web nylon handle above
the cringles so that you can pull the sail and control its movement while
setting the dogbone.  I have considered making my dogbones longer by
removing the strop from the rings and just using amsteel to tie the rings
on either side of the cringle.

I already have a 4:1 cunningham so an extension of the idea above would be
to have the length of amsteel long enough to hook the horn opposite of the
cunningham then set the cunningham hook in the eye that is sticking through
the cringle.  Now when you pull the cunningham you get a 8:1 advantage as
well as a lot of flexibility for tack height.  One concern is that this
orientation may not hold the tack in position fore and aft relative to the
horns.

So if you absolutely want strops you'll have to get your sail maker to add
them.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+