From: "Joe at Zialater via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "cnc-list" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: "Joe at Zialater" <j...@zialater.com>
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 1:51:02 PM
Subject: Re: Stus-List Gate Valves

Hi Randy,

I replaced the old gate valves on my 30-1 this winter. While trying to
unscrew them, I ended up spinning the actual thru-hull so I replaced those
as well. I had a devil of a time finding the replacements since on my boat
#305, they were flush to the hull. I found some flush thru hulls that had a
slightly smaller flange diameter than the originals and just filled in the
extra space with some epoxy filler. Both gate valves in the cockpit were
failing as well as the one in the head. I wasn't as big a job as I had
feared and it sure feels good to have them up to snuff now.

BTW, I also did the mast foot repair a few years ago. The worst part of
that was taking out the mast - but the repair was easy and relatively cheap
and should last another 40 years.

Cheers,

Joe Boyle
Zia