From: Russ & Melody via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 23:17
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Russ & Melody
Subject: Re: Stus-List Head Plumbing

Hi Randy,

This is the way I plumb my head basin & toilet intake many years ago.

The reasons are two-fold, I eliminated an unnecessary thru-hull penetration and
if we're going to be away form the boat for a couple of weeks or more, I pump a
1/2 sink of fresh water through the toilet to eliminate standing water
containing organics (sea water) which will yield a sulphur aroma on first use
when we return (due to decomposition of said organics).

If you're a lake sailor the reason #2 doesn't apply much.  My basin
drain/toilet intake thru-hull valve stays open when we're aboard, sailing or
not.

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1
        Vancouver Island