I know... I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture. I basically can only work with one hand most of the time because I'm always taking lots and lots of photos, but not this... I got all happy when I saw the 1/4 inch, wrote that down and moved on to something else (scrubbing the bilge!). I'll get a photo next time I'm down. my guess is that the lines are from the factory.