Hi Josh,

I’d suggest waiting till you can get the carbon spinnaker pole.  It will make
all the difference in how often you use it.  It will take the compression load
to crank the Asym around to allow you to sail deeper, and maybe line up better
with the waves, a good offshore trick.  Any two-part adjustable pole will be
heavy and much harder to manage.  A good rigger can help with the track cars
and clamp to keep the rattling and banging to a min.

2 cents, Lee

On May 19, 2016, at 10:08 AM, Neil Gallagher via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> I got one for my 35-1 with a 145%, and am really happy with it.  Best thing
> for cruising, especially light air (ie, Long Island Sound), not to mention an
> essential item for non-spinnaker racing.  I didn't go for the mast-mount, and
> it  can be a bear to get the pole set.  Once you've clipped in the outboard
> end it takes a strong person at the mast to extend, plus good coordination
> with the sheets. If you don't mind the windage I think the mast mount would
> be great for cruising.
>
> Not sure about the asym, would you use it to windward as with the genoa, or
> to leeward?
>
> Neil Gallagher
> Weatherly 35-1
> Glen Cove, NY
>

> On 5/19/2016 12:39 PM, Josh Muckley via CnC-List wrote:
>> I'm considering a Forespar Line Control whisker pole (LC 13-24) for my C&C
>> 37+.  I'd like to use the mast mounted storage option as well.  I would be
>> poling out a 145% furling headsail and an asymmetric spinnaker.  Does anyone
>> have any thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Josh Muckley
>> S /V Sea Hawk
>> 1989 C&C 37+
>> Solomons, MD

>> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you like
>> what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
>> are greatly appreciated!

> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you like
> what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
> are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!