Josh,

Yes, mine is a Forespar line control 12-22. I use just a topping lift, what I find happening is that any load on the sheet and the upward load of the topping lift causes the pole to flex. I think the joint at the middle, just a plastic ring at the end of the non-moving tube, gets a little bound up and it takes a lot force on the extension line to get it fully out. I have tried furling, or sometimes going dead downwind with the sail collapsed. If the pole is fully extended first, and you pull on the sheet to unfurl the sail, the pole will swing back until it hits the lowers, so someone has to push if forward to get the pole end up to the sail. None of this is really a problem, just things to do when you set or gybe the pole.

Neil