ABYC strictly prohibits solder as the sole means of connecting terminal to
wire; you absolutely need to use a good mechanical connection.  Solder stiffens
the wire at the joint, making it susceptible to failure due to vibration; and a
wire under load can heat to the point that the solder will soften, which will
also cause failure.

A properly-made crimp is the best way to make a safe connection.

Fred Street -- Minneapolis

> On May 25, 2016, at 10:58 AM, Dreuge via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> On the same note, unless you have a professional crimper(which Fred likely
> has), the end connectors need a good solder connection.  I have had great
> results using the solder slug pellets sold at Gregg’s or also at Waytek.
>
> Here is a video describing the use of slug pellets (they are easy to use):
>       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXDkNMDDrBs
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXDkNMDDrBs>

greatly appreciated!