NO type of adapter or work-around is any more secure, reliable, or ABYC compliant, than a wing nut on a threaded stud. A regular nut tightened by a wrench on a threaded stud is even better. Old school automotive type post and clamp connections have never been terribly reliable, either. I think new cable ends, or new cables with the correct terminal rings, are in order if reliability is desired.

Bill Bina

greatly appreciated!