From: "Robert Gallagher via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "cnc-list" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: "Robert Gallagher" <trys...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 1, 2016 8:46:21 AM
Subject: Re: Stus-List mast collar tangs C& C 33-2

I'm no engineer. Just a guess.

The older models were not designed with vertical running rigging loads at the
center of the cabin roof. There were horizontal loads leading from inside the
mast to winches at the base of the mast

Later models had halyard, reefing, etc blocks attached to the cabin top that
lead aft to the cockpit. These loads are vertical.

In my untrained brain I always assumed that was the reason for the tangs on my
30 MKII and the lack of tangs on my 30 MKI

But again, I'm no engineer

Rob Gallagher
Hanuman
30MKII