Randy,

Touche', like many older models, had exits with sheaves a couple inches
above the collar.  Look at this picture:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_sb5TfIENvsSlRKb1pDdHdoSW8

Note the metal plate behind the 3rd block.  That used to have one of these:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_sb5TfIENvsTzNGazZZampHX00

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 1:48 PM, Randy Stafford via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> That all makes good sense.  And yes, my 30-1 #7 has sheaves in the mast
> just above the cabin top for turning the main and headsail halyards out
> (athwartships) to winches on the dorade boxes.
>
> The thing that still confuses me is, on these boats with mast collar
> tangs, how do the halyards exit the mast above the cabin top, if there are
> no sheaves in the mast and they require turning blocks on the mast collar?
>
> Cheers,
> Randy

greatly appreciated!