I was surprised to learn that Muriatic acid is actually preferred to vinigar as a treatment for the internal buildup in the toilet. So long as there are no exposed metal parts it works great. The stuff fizzes up...and when it stops it is either all used up or done.

Then a follow up with mineral oil to lube the inside does the trick.

Tom B

Tom Buscaglia
SV Alera
1990 C&C 37+/40