Hi Gene,

I don't think you can use the existing track with Harken. I have an Mk1 but I
think it is the same traveler system as the MK2s from what I remember of a
friend's mk2. I measured the track last year and it wasn't compatible. You can
use the existing holes though. I just did a complete traveler system
replacement this spring, and upgraded to the Harken windward sheeting system.
Love it!

The low profile‎ tracks holes will align with the existing holes, but the
windward sheeting car won't clear the indent/space the track sits in if you go
that route. I exchanged for a high profile track with variable spacing, and
that fit perfectly. It was an interesting installation. The trim that is below
the track on the inside is a bitch to remove, but with the right tools it is
doable. Plus remembering to put on the end caps and car before you put the
track down is recommended, otherwise you won't get them on afterwards. Ask me
how I know... ;)

If you're interested in the windward sheeting car from Harken, I do have a
second brand new packaged one for sale (part no 1635) as I hard ordered one, it
disappeared en route, ordered another, and then both showed up and they were
not returnable.

Good luck,

Sophia
1978 C&C MK1 "Persistence"