Hey listers,

After working on her all winter (repaint, total re-wire, rigging and
interior spruce ups), I splashed my new-to-me 1976 30mki for the first time
a couple weeks ago in Brooklyn.  This past weekend we sailed from Brooklyn,
outside and back in through the Manasquan inlet and into the Barnegat Bay.
It was a great ride.  After just a few hours on the boat my dad was already
wondering how we could race her.  He raced sunfish and other tiny boats in
Mass as a kid.

We know zip zero about racing on a boat this size, but it's something my
dad and I would love to get into.  Does anyone have any suggestions for how
to get into the sport with this boat in the NYC/NJ area?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ryan

greatly appreciated!