Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 14:12:30 -0500
From: "Dennis C." <capt...@gmail.com>
To: CnClist <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List 33-2 - what's in the fridge?

My boat worker colleague thinks they are worth the extra $$.  Like I said,
I bought an Isotherm.  I didn't seriously consider the Technautics units
because of price.  I looked hard at the FrigoBoat and Isotherm units.  Both
seem to be highly regarded.

I just wanted to make the list aware of the Technautics units because they
are apparently very good, have excellent technical support and have very
low amp draw.  Whether or not they're worth the price differential, who
knows?

I think the bigger decision when considering refrigeration is whether to
install a traditional evaporator type unit or a cold plate type unit.
There are advantages to each particularly if you turn the system off when
you leave the boat for a few days.

Touche's Isotherm cold plate unit takes quite a while to cool down but once
it does, I think it works very well.  We sometimes give it some help by
throwing a bag of ice in the bottom of the box.  It's been holding temps of
37-38F easily.

If you want a quick cool down day sail type system perhaps an evaporator
unit is better.  My perception is that they cool the box quicker.

Dennis C.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Richard N. Bush via CnC-List <

greatly appreciated!